Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend Snapshot #6

Weekend Snapshot

One of my favorite things to do in the fall is to visit a family farm open to the public for picking pumpkins, hayrides and what have you. We finally had a perfect autumn like weekend and so on Sunday, we piled into the van and went to Johnson's Farm, about 40 minutes south of us.



Johnson's is a large farm and they have a lot of different activities, I was pleased to see ... at first. You could go on a hayride and either pick your own pumpkins or take the easy way out and just pick them at their market.



Here's the thing...they have a real racket going on and I bet they make plenty of money. The place was packed! However, instead of charging one admission price, you had to buy tickets to any of the activities you wanted to go to. They were selling 5 tickets for $13.75. There were 7 of us all together and we didn't want to do all five activities if for no other reason that they were for little kids, not adults--like the moonbounce. It cost us almost $21 just to get into the feeding zoo and would cost another $21 for all of us to ride the hayride, another $21 for the corn maze, another $21 for ...well, you get the idea.



We decided to go for the feeding zoo because we figured T would enjoy that the most. I think we were right--he loved feeding the animals!



This baby goat was standing on a big concrete sewer pipe that was in its pen. It wasn't being used for sewage or anything...I think it was there to act as a mountain? Goats like to climb!



The girls enjoyed visiting "the three little pigs"...they were not little!



Here Tomas was watching the ducks swimming around in a murky pond. I heard him say "water" and I wonder what he was thinking?



Cows slept in a shed in the same pen with the goats. They sure looked comfortable!



Tomas seems to be saying, hey, we need more food here for these animals!

Even though we didn't get to do everything I'd hoped we still had a great time! I'm still in the process of weeding through the pictures and labelling them on our photo gallery. If you're interested in seeing more of them, just click on this next picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun place to visit. Those pumpkins are huge.

SandyCarlson said...

How lovely is that! Great photos.

Carver said...

Great set of weekend snapshot. Looks like a fun place to visit in the fall.

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! I've never seen so many pumpkins in one place. Awesome!!

A Slice of Life

About Me

My photo
happily remarried widow with 3 kids from my first marriage, 2 from my new marriage, 8 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. I have been blessed to have had 2 great loves in my life. I have had another blessing too: I had bariatric surgery (a duodenal switch) and that has saved my life!