Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Then and Now



Today John Lennon would have been 67. Sixty seven!!!

This song is ageless. There's always been a war. There always will be. I remember when this song came out at the height of the Vietnam War. I was so sick of all the killing and seeing soldiers' bodies being carried off the screen. Maybe that's why coverage of the Iraq war seems so limited? We're not allowed to see bodies in bags or in coffins as they come off the planes anymore ... why? So we don't get as sick of it now as we did then?

If only...

Imagine....

No comments:

A Slice of Life

About Me

My photo
happily remarried widow with 3 kids from my first marriage, 2 from my new marriage, 8 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. I have been blessed to have had 2 great loves in my life. I have had another blessing too: I had bariatric surgery (a duodenal switch) and that has saved my life!