Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Orange

Orange is just beginning to appear in the trees around here but mostly it seems to be the color of the sun. It's been in the high 80s the last several days, more like summer than fall and it just ain't natural. I went back to last October to find some pictures of orange but that's what photo ferreting is all about then, right?



Last year, on a glorious October Saturday or Sunday, we went to the Emmons Farm to pick pumpkins. Little T seemed to get right into it and enjoyed walking up and down the rutted paths looking for the perfect pumpkins. We wanted more than one to bring home, one for each of the girls and one for Tomas.



Tomas follows his Aunt Heidi down one path. He might have been to a pumpkin patch the previous year with his daddy. He seemed to be a pro at it.



We got the wagon loaded up with our bounty and it was a little too heavy for just one person drag. As the song goes in The Wonder Pets (one of T's favorites): "What's it going to take? Teamwork! What's it going to take? Teamwork!"



After we paid for our pumpkins, we decided to go on a hayride. I had a little trouble climbing up because of my ankle. We weren't sure at first Tomas would go for it and he hung back, clearly afraid. But his pop-pop carried him onto the wagon and he sat between his mommy and me. He still seemed unsure as we got underway but by the time we got back, he was having fun again.

Hopefully the weather will get seasonable enough for us to go pumpkin picking this year...soon!

Foto Pherrets

1 comment:

She-Schenker said...

Some of those big orange pumpkins look bigger than your little guy! =0

Thanks for playing.

A Slice of Life

About Me

My photo
happily remarried widow with 3 kids from my first marriage, 2 from my new marriage, 8 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. I have been blessed to have had 2 great loves in my life. I have had another blessing too: I had bariatric surgery (a duodenal switch) and that has saved my life!