Sunday, May 18, 2008

Camera Critters: A Tapir!



Camera Critters


Yesterday was such a lovely day and so we decided to take Little T to a small zoo not far from where we live. I think this place started out being a pet store that just grew and grew. Anyway, it's a nice little zoo because you can basically walk it in an hour. There are lots of little picnic tables and benches along the way--it's an ideal place for grandparents to take their grandchildren.

What is this animal? A tapir! Tomas wanted to stop and see.



Tomas loves a show called Go, Diego, Go and one of the animal rescues involved a tapir. In fact, there are tapirs galore in Little T's computer Diego game but I have to say that the animals sure didn't look this big! They were little and cute!



One of T's challenges has been to make a sound like a tapir into the microphone. He's not sure what a tapir sounds like and neither am I...and none of these guys gave us a sound sample either. :D

8 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Little T: Way to show off this unusual animal.

Sandy Kessler said...

cute child and obviously an animal lover

Misty DawnS said...

My youngest niece is CRAZY about Diego ;-) This is a fun and great post.

Berleen said...

Believe it or not, I did a report on these things when I was in elementary school... why I remember this, I don't know. Probably because I never knew about them until I did! LOL

Lilli & Nevada said...

How cute

Sharon said...

Great for CC! This is always an interesting animal to look at.

TapirBlog said...

This is what a tapir sounds like - there aren't too many mammals that sound like them :)

Andree said...

What fascinating and interesting animals. I am always amazed by them!

http://meeyauw-pad.blogspot.com/2008/05/camera-critters-white-tailed-deer.html

A Slice of Life

About Me

My photo
happily remarried widow with 3 kids from my first marriage, 2 from my new marriage, 8 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. I have been blessed to have had 2 great loves in my life. I have had another blessing too: I had bariatric surgery (a duodenal switch) and that has saved my life!